- Liu, J., J. A. Logan, L. T. Murray, H. C. Pumphrey, M. J. Schwartz, I. Megretskaia, Transport analysis and source attribution of seasonal and interannual variability of CO in the tropical upper troposphere and lower stratosphere, submitted to Atmos. Chem. Phys..
- Liu, J., T. J. Crowley, T. M. Quinn, F. W. Taylor, Assessment of SST-Sr/Ca Decoupling in Western Pacific Warm Pool corals, J. of Geophysical Research-Oceans, under review.
- Crowley, T.J., and Liu, J., A New Proxy/Instrument Global Temperature Record (1782-2011), to be submitted to Nature GeoSciences
- Liu, J. and T. J. Crowley, Stability of Pacific Decadal Oscillation over the last 270 years, to be submitted to Geophys. Res. Lett..
- Liu, J., J.A. Logan, D.B.A. Jones, N.J. Livesey, I. Megretskaia, C. Carouge, and P. Nedelec, Analysis of CO in the tropical troposphere using Aura satellite data and the GEOS-Chem model: insights into transport characteristics of the GEOS meteorological products, Atmos. Chem. Phys.,10, 12207-12232, doi:10.5194/acp-10-12207-2010
- Loarie, S. R., S. Chakraborty, K. Dexter, A. Fleming-Davies, A.. Gronewold, J. Liu, A. McBride, E. Pollina, 2006. Density dependence and population growth: Evaluating classical and Bayesian approaches to parameter estimation and model selection. In J.S. Clark "Statistical computation for environmental sci. in R". Princeton University Press.
- Liu, G., L. Zheng, N. Duzgoren-Aydin, L.Gao, J. Liu, Z. Peng, 2007, Health Effects of Arsenic Fluorine and Selenium, Rev. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., Vol 189, PP89-106.
- Ballantyne, P. A., M. Lavine, T. J. Crowley, J. Liu, P. Baker, 2005, Meta-analysis of tropical surface temperatures during the Last Glacial Maximum, Geophys. Res. Lett. Vol. 32, No. 5, L05712.
- Peng, Z., J. Liu, G. Liu, J. He, B. Nie, T. Chen, X. Wen, 2003, Interannual variability of the heavy metal contents in the Porites lutea coral from Dafangji Island of Dianbai County and their implications, ISSN 1009-2722, CN 27-1118, Marine Geology Development, Vol. 19, No. 11, PP5-12 (in Chinese).
Participated Conferences and Talks
- Transport analysis and source attribution of seasonal and interannual variability of CO in the UT/LS - CO tape recorder. Aura Science Team meeting, Helsinki, Finland, 14 September 2011, (talk)
- Transport analysis and source attribution of the tropical CO seasonal and interannual variability in the UT/LS, AGU 2010 Fall Meeting, San Francisco, California, December 17, 2010, (talk)
- Analysis of CO in the tropical troposphere using Aura satellite data and the GEOS-Chem model: insights into transport characteristics of the GEOS meteorological products, Aura Science Team meeting, Boulder, Colorado, 29 September 2010, (talk)
- Evaluation of the representation of dynamic processes in the tropical troposphere in assimilated meteorological fields using carbon monoxide data from Aura satellite and GEOS-Chem model., the International Global Atmospheric Chemistry (IGAC) conference, Halifax, Canada, July 11-16, 2010, (poster)
- The effect of tropical convection on the carbon monoxide distribution in the upper troposphere using Aura Satellite data and GEOS-Chem model, AGU 2009 Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, December 16, 2009, (poster)
- The impacts of dynamics on tropical tropospheric CO inferred from Aura satellite data and GEOS-Chem model, Aura Science Team Meeting, Leiden, Netherlands, September 15, 2009, (talk).
- The impacts of dynamics and biomass burning on tropical tropospheric Ozone inferred from TES and GEOS-Chem model, TES Science Team Meeting, Boulder, CO, Feb 23-25, 2009, (poster).
- Stability of Pacific Decadal Oscillation over the last 270 years, America Geophysical Union (AGU), 2007, (talk)
- Reconstruction of Pacific Decadal Oscillation index using Pacific coral records since 1650, America Geophysical Union (AGU), 2006, (poster)
- Breakdown of Sr/Ca Paleothermometer in a coral record from New Georgia, West Pacific Warm Pool, AGU, 2005, (talk)
- Pacific tele-connection inferred from five sub-tropical Pacific coral records. School of Earth and Space Sciences, USTC, 2005, (invited talk)
- Variable spatiotemporal correlations of Pacific coral paleoproxies with basin-wide SSTs, 4th National Centre of Competence in Research on Climate (NCCR Climate), 2005, Grindelwald, Switzerland (poster)
- A coral record from the West Pacific Warm Pool (New Georgia), AGU, 2004 (poster)
- ENSO, PDO and West Pacific Warm Pool climate reconstruction from coral records, Advanced Paleoclimate Reconstruction & Modeling Techniques summer school, Urbino, Italy, 2004, (talk)
- A two millennia oxygen isotopic climate reconstruction of stalagmite from Guizhou, China, student seminar, Earth and Ocean Sciences Department, Duke University, 2003.
Workshops and meetings
- Aura Science Team meeting, 2008-2011
- 4th and 5th International GEOS-Chem Meeting, May 2009 and 2011
- TES team meeting, 2009
- America Geophysical Union (AGU) meeting, 2003 - 2010
- Educational Global Climate Model (EdGCM) Workshop, Duke University, January 2006.
- NSF-Sponsored Workshop on Paleoenvironmental Proxies, San Francisco, December 2005
- Tree Rings and Climate workshop, Duke University, November, 2005
- 4th International National Centre of Competence in Research on Climate (NCCR Climate) Summer School, Grindelwald, Switzerland, August 27 –September 2, 2005
- Meeting on Amazon Climate, Duke University, May, 2005
- NOAA/DOE climate workshop on detection and attribution of climate change, Duke University, March 2005
- Advanced Paleoclimate Reconstruction & Modeling Techniques summer school, Urbino, Italy, July 2004.